Friday, May 2, 2014

Can you get high on freedom?

I highly recommend that once in your life, you do the following:

Vacuum an area to the point where your vacuum sounds as though it is approaching the sound barrier; past the point when it has started to smoke and if it had eyes it would be glaring daggers at you. When it changes from a death rattle to derisive laughter at your impending ordeal of emptying and  un-clogging it, pick it up, carry it outside and throw it into the dumpster. Send it to Vacuum Hell in a stunning double cross that breaks the longstanding cycle of "Clog, Un-clog." Dust off your hands, and deliver your favorite movie catch phrase (I suggest something from Bruce Willis), and walk away from the explosion in slow-mo.

...Okay, so mine didn't explode, but this is how I made my exit from my old apartment.

After a few massive yard sales, a few handwritten "FREE STUFF, TODAY ONLY!" signs, I am in the clear. Old life: sold. Boss: pissed. Attachments: dropping like flies. Belive me when I tell you, I can feel it! Speeding away from my old place,  I was having ecstatic conversations with friends and family during which I employed the following lines of dialog:

"I feel like I'm standing at the center of the universe, but it moves with me."
"I AM PRESENT!"
"You can only feel the full extent of a crushing weight once it's gone..."
(And if I had to pick my two favorites...)
"I AM A CREATURE OF EARTH" (yelled this one out the window)
And
"Can you get high on freedom?"

Needless to say, I am delerious. I wanted to capture the feeling because I feel a turning point.  Proverbial light-and-tunnel shit, up in here.

No comments:

Post a Comment